I have to say that I’m short on words at the end of this Thanksgiving Day. I baked a slew of pies and brought them to my mom’s where she served one of our turkeys and the rest of the menu. The turkey was exquisite and we shared a lot of laughs with the family.
My mom lives but an hour away so we were able to be home in time to tend to the evening chores without worrying that the animals had to wait too long for their Thanksgiving dinners. After the build-up to this day with all of the turkey-doings this past season, I am looking forward to some November quiet before it slips away. I am crazy for Christmas and all that goes with it, but I’m also in no rush. With kids to bottle feed, sheep, turkeys, chickens, ducks, peacocks, horses, ponies, bunnies, dogs & cats to tend, as well as a family whom I love to dote on, it will be nice to focus on simply that tomorrow.
Sadly, tomorrow Jody is going back to Virginia to finish the semester, but we look forward to his quick return after finals for his winter break.
Charlotte had put together the most adorable video to the tune of “Everybody” by Ingrid Michaelson and after watching her edit and polish, I had her permission to include it for others to enjoy a slice of Wing and a Prayer Farm. It occurred to me that while I could fill a page with the blessings I am grateful for this year, high on that list would be exactly what she has encapsulated in a 3 and a half-minute video. So here is a sincere hope that your Thanksgiving was pleasant, and enjoy the tour:
- “Thanksgiving day and its Turkey time show”:) (chikawithyeneyes.wordpress.com)
- The Thanksgiving Story is More Fiction Than Fact (socyberty.com)
- I am Thankful for Turkey (nicstory.wordpress.com)
- Great Reasons to be Thankful this Thanksgiving Day (holidaysandspecialoccasions.wordpress.com)
- Giving Thanks (lifereference.wordpress.com)
- Thanksgiving Day Ratings Delays (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)