Recipe for Blackberry Pie
- 5 cups of fresh blackberries
- 1 cup sugar(I use Organic Demerara)
- 1/4 – 3/8 cup Tapioca flour (I tend to err on the heavier side because blackberries are so juicy)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon grated zest of lemon
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1 9-inch pie crust bottom & top
Combine dried ingredients first, add to fresh fruit, lemon juice & lemon zest. Fill pie to a rounded top that rises no more than 1 inch above the pie pan in the middle. Top with a dollop of butter and cover with top crust. Flute edges, brush surface with milk and bake at 350 degrees for one hour. A tip to save your oven: place pie in a foil lined or coated shallow pan to collect any stray juice which may collect in your oven floor, causing future smoky messes!
Wait for your pie to cool before slicing and if you’re able to, serve with a bit of vanilla ice cream for a delectable taste of summer.
If you’re interested to purchase frozen, unbaked pies for Thanksgiving, contact Tammy @firstname.lastname@example.org for details. We sell Apple-y Ever After, made with our own organic apples, Pearway to Heaven, with all organic local pears, and Much Ado About Strawberry Rhu with local organic strawberries & rhubarb for $12/each, plus shipping.